Saturday, September 17, 2011

Hope

I woke today with hope. And it is not because I have done a good job, or because my apartment is clean, or because things are right. Even as I type a determined and possibly caffeinated fly is having a conniption fit around my head.  And furthermore, I've been praying through a difficult transition I'll have to make soon. And I have a hole in my sweater. Things are not perfect.

I woke today with a glimmer, a memory of fresh bread in France, my Dad saying goodbye in an airport, photos of flamingos in Nairobi. I stood to the sunrise, to one more day, to fresh coffee and a faithful, beat up car who has traveled so far with me.  I woke imperfect to an imperfect world, with the knowledge of a perfect King, and I have hope.

1 comment:

Rachel Treadaway said...

And your hope is contagious. I am so glad I thought to check your blog this morning... my heart is a little lighter and a little more expectant now. I feel inspired to live creatively.

Your writing did that. Keep it coming.