Thursday, October 01, 2009

Today I...

…woke up at 4:56, four minutes before I was supposed to leave to take my roommate to the airport. I jumped off my bed into some clothes, splashed something that I hope was soap onto my face, grabbed everything I could think of for my day, and ran out the door with her at 5:03.

…decided to put on loose powder in a traffic jam. I’ve had some pretty bad ideas, and this one just saddled right up to the others. Less than two seconds after opening the powder the jar jumped from my hands, bounced from the passenger seat to the floor, and I found myself trying to see through a thin film of Beige 1 dust. (I know- I'm really Ivory 2, but I pretend) Twenty minutes later, I was locked in the Starbucks bathroom doing laundry- trying to shake, wash, and then scrub the powder out of my clothes, and off of my teeth.

…had breakfast with a beautiful friend who is leaving to do mission work in Nicaragua. I wanted to jump in her car and go with her. I bet they don’t care at all if you have powdered pants, whereas I’ll probably be gently reprimanded at work.

And it’s only 8:44 in the morning.

1 comment:

Jin said...

pahaha! that was good and pretty hilarious! Well.. I guess I shouldn't laugh, huh? I haven't seen you in a while Abby. Miss you! =)