Friday, November 07, 2008

God hugged me today

This afternoon I sat outside with no shoes on and let my skin warm in the afternoon sun and cried because I hurt. I told God that this was hard and I needed him. And then, God met me.

Allison and Jacob Kemp (fellow DTS students) walked by with their baby Joel. Allison handed him to me and we talked as I loved on Joel and absorbed baby therapy... Immediately I forgot myself a bit.

Another friend handed me half a 3 musketeers and joined our conversation. It hit the spot.

Another friend drove by, parked, and got out to come talk to us. He had encouraging words, wisdom and love.

My precious roommate and her fiance stopped to talk and laugh and play.

A girl from my hall stopped and put her arm around me while I played with the baby.

I couldn't believe it. One minute, aching. The next, surrounded by so much warmth and love....

Thank you so much God. Thank you so much.

3 comments:

Kemp Family said...

I am so glad that God showed you his love through our love for you. It is so great that God uses all of us in each other's lives. Also, I love that I have been praying for Joel to be used by God, because I can't imagine a greater calling on his life, and God has already answered my prayer! So great.

Ephraim Markel said...

I love those moments,

Standing atop a mountian looking out and seeing an infinite landscape, and hearing that little whisper, my child I painted this for you.

The hugs of children that adore you for being taller than them. Their giggle.

Kind eyes, soft hands, and endearing embraces.

Dustin Henry said...

I love those moments, Standing atop a mountian looking out and seeing an infinite landscape, and hearing that little whisper, my child I painted this for you. The hugs of children that adore you for being taller than them. Their giggle. Kind eyes, soft hands, and endearing embraces.