Saturday, November 01, 2008

jer 6:16

Thus says the LORD: "Stand by the roads, and look,
and ask for the ancient paths,
where the good way is; and walk in it,
and find rest for your souls.
But they said, 'We will not walk in it.'

God says, "Walk in the good way. Rest. Ask for wisdom."

We say, "No thank you."

WHAT?!

My roommate and I talked about this verse last night. She said this pretty much sums up all of history. I agree with her, and I see it in my life. God says, Come my child, believe. Walk in the way. And sometimes I say no. But by His grace, sometimes we say yes. We say yes, and rest, and he soothes our broken hearts with balm.

I am on a retreat right now with my roommate. This week I made it, but barely. I knew I had to get away for a bit, and prayed that God would show me where. I mentioned it to Christen, and she felt the same way. We are at an undisclosed location (that we accidently disclosed a few times) that is terribly close to DTS, but I think God worked a miracle, because I feel like I am a million miles away. I've been able to get some perspective, to rest, to understand why things are hard, to laugh at myself, and to hope. God has told me, 'Abby, this is the way, walk in it.' I respond with this verse...

You have said, "Seek my face."My heart says to you,
"Your face, LORD, do I seek." Psalm 27:8

I pray that this encourages you, and honors God. I pray that you seek God, that you lay before him all that you are, and seek Him. You have everything to gain, and will lose much. But better is ONE DAY in His courts than thousands elsewhere. Better is one moment believing truth, basking in the light of it, than a day of lies.

May you rest in Him today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW. WOW. WOW. You encourage and inspire me. I love you more than life itself.
Mama