Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Leap of Faith

I have wanted to write for so long. I have had stories, lessons, exultations building up in me for months and months, but have sat with them. Today I told my roommate about it. About having experiences that are so precious they shake me, and being torn between wanting to share them and fearing exploiting them. I want to write it all, to tap my fingers and say "THIS, This is what I see." But isn't that selfish? Don't people have better things to think of? And Kate said, "Abby, how much better would the world be if everyone gave each other what they had to give?" She is right, and well, it might not be great, but this is what I have to give. I am taking a leap of faith and returning to my blog to share a bit of my life with whoever might want to read it.

2 comments:

Rachel Treadaway said...

Kate sounds pretty great. :) I am so glad you are writing again. I miss you!

Genevieve said...

So glad you're back!